Lotus Notes Administrator
The Lotus Notes Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of e-mail and business critical systems running on Domino, and their corresponding hardware and software. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all management information systems. This person will also analyze and resolve end-user messaging program and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion. Design and develop tools and databases for Lotus Notes (to include Domino and data conversion) with relevant operating system platforms. Design and develop tools that integrate Lotus Notes. Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lotus Notes Application Development.
- Provide database architectural and design capabilities.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Manage and administer all e-mail messaging systems and their corresponding or associated software and hardware. Administer Lotus Domino Server running on Windows Platform.
- Install, configure, and initiate Lotus Notes/Domino servers, software, and any other corresponding equipment.
- Set and administer server storage space allotments, resource reservations, and directory assistance.
- Add, remove, certify, and move new or existing end-user accounts and administer permissions and access rights. Administer messaging systems access and support efforts for remote users. Create private and public mailing folders and lists, calendaring services, address books, and shared mail applications.
- Monitor and analyze e-mail system activities to ensure maximum performance, efficiency, and availability. Monitor and test e-mail server software performance and provide statistics and reports. Analyze e-mail system or application usage and plan for growth or increases in network capacity. Administer and maintain Lotus Notes database, antivirus management, and error log tracking.
- Identify and resolve problems affecting messaging systems performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner. Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases. Maintain and troubleshoot mail routing and replication.